Start your day in a colorful way by making this all-inclusive roast. With sunny side up eggs and chopped plants galore, it’s like a sheet of six suns peeking through a haze of rainbow goodness. The queso fresco topping adds a cloud of savory flavor. Create your own variations too—the sky’s the limit.
1 large sweet potato, cut to 1/2-inch dice
1 large russet potato, cut to 1/2-inch dice
1 large carrot, cut to 1/2-inch dice
1 large red onion, peeled and cut to 1/2-inch dice
2 tablespoon olive oil
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
1/2 teaspoon chili powder
1 teaspoon kosher salt
3/4 cup Colby Jack cheese, shredded
Salt and pepper to taste
1/4 cup queso fresco, crumbled
1/2 cup fresh cilantro leaves, loosely packed
2 tablespoon pepitas, shelled and roasted
1 avocado, pitted and diced
1 cup green salsa
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Combine potatoes, carrot and onion in a large bowl. Add olive oil, cumin, chili powder and salt and toss until oil spices are evenly distributed. Transfer vegetables to a sheet pan and arrange in a single layer.
- Roast vegetables in preheated oven for 35 to 40 minutes, stirring halfway through, until potatoes are tender and starting to brown.
- Remove the pan from the oven and rearrange vegetables to create 6 wells. Gently crack an egg into each well, keeping the yolk intact. Sprinkle vegetables and eggs with Colby jack cheese.
- Return the pan to the oven and bake until the cheese is melted and egg whites are set, 5 to 7 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Garnish pan with Queso fresco, cilantro, pepitas and avocado. Serve with a side of green salsa.